This could result from graphics card drivers that are out of date. You should go to the support page for your computer’s manufacturer to find the latest download that is certified for your machine. The three most common manufacturer’s links are:
Dell - https://support.dell.com
Lenovo – https://support.lenovo.com
If you have a machine from a different computer manufacturer, enter the manufacturer’s name in your web browser and look for the correct site in the list of results.
After that, if you are still having issues, you could try checking to see if there is an update to the graphics card in your machine. In order to check for an update to the graphics card, you will need to know the model and manufacturer of the graphics card in your computer.
To find the model and manufacturer of the graphics card:
- Type “dxdiag” in the Windows search bar.
- Click on “dxdiag Run command” in the search results.
- Click the “Display” tab when the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window displays.
- The important fields on this screen are the Name and Manufacturer under “Device” as well as the Version and Date under “Drivers."
- Go to your internet browser and enter the Device Name and “update” in your search field (if the Manufacturer is not part of the Name, add the Manufacturer as well).
- Look for information about updating the driver in the search results.
- If necessary, compare the company’s latest Version number and the date that version was released to the information in your DirectX Diagnostic Tool window.
For more tips to keep Artisan 5 running smoothly on your computer, click here.