Artisan® runs only on supported versions of Microsoft Windows. It will not run under MacOS. However, if you are running a supported version of Windows on your Mac using one of the available tools, such as Parallels Pro Desktop or VMWare Fusion, you can run Artisan®.
Please note that Mac computers released starting mid-November 2020 are not all compatible with Windows. Mac computers with an Intel processor are able to run Windows with the aforementioned software, but Mac computers with an M1 or M2 processor are not natively compatible at this time. The latest version of Parallels Desktop is able to run Windows 11 for ARM in a virtualized environment, but please understand that Windows 11 for ARM is not a fully compatible version of Windows with it's PC counterparts. Per Microsoft, the following limitations currently exist with Windows 11 for ARM....
- Drivers for hardware, games and apps will only work if they're designed for a Windows 11 Arm-based PC. For more info, check with the hardware manufacturer or the organization that developed the driver. Drivers are software programs that communicate with hardware devices—they're commonly used for antivirus and antimalware software, printing or PDF software, assistive technologies, CD and DVD utilities, and virtualization software. If a driver doesn’t work, the app or hardware that relies on it won’t work either (at least not fully). Peripherals and devices only work if the drivers they depend on are built into Windows 11, or if the hardware developer has released Arm64 drivers for the device.
- Certain games won’t work. Games and apps won't work if they use a version of OpenGL greater than 3.3, or if they rely on "anti-cheat" drivers that haven't been made for Windows 11 Arm-based PCs. Check with your game publisher to see if a game will work.
- Apps that customize the Windows experience might have problems. This includes some input method editors (IMEs), assistive technologies, and cloud storage apps. The organization that develops the app determines whether their app will work on a Windows 11 Arm-based PC.
- Some third-party antivirus software can’t be installed. You won't be able to install some third-party antivirus software on a Windows 11 Arm-based PC—unless it’s been made or updated for an Arm-based PC. However, Windows Security will help keep you safe for the supported lifetime of your Windows 11 device.
- Windows Fax and Scan isn’t available. This feature isn’t available on a Windows 11 Arm-based PC.
***Important - If you upgrade your Windows Operating System (Win10 to Win11) you will need to purchase a brand new Windows Operating System License in order for this to work.