If you are installing Artisan® on a NEW computer different from where your StoryBook Creator is installed, please follow the directions below:
Copying StoryBook Content to an external drive:
- You will need to copy your content and personal kits from the original computer to an external hard drive to be moved to the new computer.
- To do this, please browse your computer to the location of your main content and Personal Art Kits.
For example: If the content is located in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Creative Memories Art Kits, you would browse to the C:\Users\Public\Documents and right-click on Creative Memories Art Kits then select Copy.
- Now browse to the external hard drive, right-click in here, and select paste.
- Repeat the steps above for your Personal Art Kits.
- Also, please click on "Make a Backup Copy of your Activation Codes." This will create a Notepad document for you to save onto your computer. Make sure you copy this file to an external hard drive as well.
Transfer from the external hard drive to the new computer:
- Once the folders are copied to the external hard drive, please plug the drive into the new computer.
- You will then want to browse to the external hard drive on the new computer.
- Right-click on your Creative Memories art kits folder and select Copy.
- Open your Documents folder on your computer, right-click and select Paste.
- Please repeat the steps for any other content folders you have.
Opening content in the Artisan program through the Content Manager:
- In Artisan® 5 and Artisan® 6 you can right-click on Library and select Add Folder to Library. In Artisan® 4 you will see the link that says Add Folder to Library.
- Please browse to the Documents folder to select your content folder to be added.
- You will need to add one folder at a time, so please repeat this process if you have multiple items.
- The last step is to enter your activation codes. Please open from the external hard drive the Notepad document that you created from the older software and copy your activation codes.
- You will then click on Activation Codes within the Content Manager and select Add a New Activation Code.
- Please right-click in the box and select paste. You will need to have one activation code per line (please also remove all the other data that is not used).
Artisan® looks very similar to StoryBook Creator 4.0. There have been some significant functions added, but the screen will be familiar and easy to navigate. For assistance with getting started in the new software, pixels2Pages™ put together several great free resources - https://www.forever.com/pixels2pages/posts/getting-started-guide