You will be able to bring the content as well as your Personal Art Kits into the Artisan® program.
To note, if you are looking to bring content from your Artisan® 4 to Artisan® 5 and it did not automatically come over, please take a look at this help article - https://forever1.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/226286388-Why-didn-t-my-content-transfer-across-to-Artisan-5- .
Locating Content from Storybook
- First, we need to find the location of the content. Please open StoryBook and click on Manage Content at the top of the page.
- To the left, you will see folders listed. The ones you are most worried about are the Creative Memories Art Kits and Personal Art Kits.
If you click on Creative Memories Art Kits to the right you will see a file location, this is important to write down. Please see image below.
If you click on Personal Art Kits to the right you will see a file location, this is important to write down. Please see image below.
Activating your Content
You will now need to select the Activation Codes button at the top of the page.
Please click on Make a Backup Copy of your Activation Codes. This will create a Notepad document for you to save onto your computer. If you ever plan on moving this content to a new computer, make sure you copy this file to an external hard drive as well.
To import and activate the content in Artisan, please continue to read below:
- Please open Artisan and go into the Manage Content.
- To the left, you will see Library please right click on this and select ‘Add Folder to Library’.
- This will bring up a window for you to browse to the location of your content from within StoryBook.
- For example, if you wanted to add my Creative Memories Art Kits you can browse my computer to the C:\Users\Public\Documents and single click on the Creative Memories Art Kits, and then click on OK.
- You would need to complete this for any Personal Art Kits you have. Please browse to C:\Users\Your Username\Documents and single click on Personal Art Kits, and then click on OK.
- Depending on how much information you have, it may take a little while for the software program to pull this information into Artisan.
Artisan® looks very similar to StoryBook Creator 4.0. There have been some significant functions added, but the screen will be familiar and easy to navigate. For assistance with getting started in the new software, pixels2Pages™ put together several great free resources - https://www.forever.com/pixels2pages/posts/getting-started-guide