FOREVER Valet is a software application designed to enable people to easily bulk upload thousands of digital memories with corresponding photo organization to their FOREVER accounts. In layman’s terms? You (and your clients) can bulk upload to FOREVER & retain the organization you already have - that includes metadata!
Valet will also allow the client to download their data from FOREVER, again while retaining the organization structure. While we know FOREVER is a permanent, safe home for your memories, they remain yours. It should be easy to download if you wish!
We released an update to Valet on November 3, 2023 with the following features/changes:
(Version number 184.108.40.206)
- Change the trial period from 30-days to 60-days.
- Restrict multiple instances of Valet from running at the same time on a single machine.
- Allow read-only files that are not copyright protected to be uploaded.
- Display a message when trying to download files to a folder that an in-progress download is currently using.
- General bug fixes
We released an update to Valet on May 25, 2023 with the following features/changes:
(Version number 220.127.116.11)
- Fixed issues where new installers could not open the Valet software program.
On THURSDAY, MAY 25, 2023 we proudly released the Full Access version of FOREVER® Valet™ desktop software!! The Full Access version contains everything listed below in the Early Access version and its subsequent updates, PLUS the following improvements:
(Version number 18.104.22.168)
- The ability to access information about Valet through normal website navigation.
- In Products at the top of the screen, go to Products and click “Valet Software.”
- In the footer of the website, under “Products & Services,” click on “Bulk Upload Tool.”
- The ability to upload files larger than 5GB. You can now upload files up to 50GB!!
- Faster upload times for files larger than 5GB for people with a Professional Valet Subscription (up to 10 times faster than uploading via the web!)
Note: Upload/Download speeds are still directly associated with the subscriber’s internet speed.
- Improved display of contents in the Albums in your FOREVER Storage Account.
- Improved assignment of files that are selected for upload via Valet but are already in your FOREVER Account.
- Improved display of the Upload window if the user cancels an upload due to having more than 15 levels of folders/sub-folders in their organizational structure. (Mac only)
- Improved handling of error that occurs when a file is deleted from the user’s FOREVER Account after the “queueing” phase of the download process begins.
Fix for a bug that occurred if the folder selected for upload contains one or more files created for the Mac Operating System by a program outside of FOREVER. (Note: These files are designated with “.__” at the beginning of the file name.)
We released an update to Valet on May 10, 2023 with the following features/changes:
(Version number 1.0.11)
- Valet will check the amount of storage the Account has available, and the amount of storage needed for the files the user is about to upload. This is posted in the lower left corner of the Upload window. If there is enough storage for the selected file(s) / folder(s), the text will be in green; if there is not enough storage for the selected file(s) / folder(s), the text will be in red.
- Beginning with this version, Trial users will not be able to download files. Trial users will see a lock on the Download button; if they click the button, they will see information about the two subscription levels and be able to click on a button to see the product page at the FOREVER website. From there, they can add the subscription to their cart and complete the purchase.
- Once the user has upgraded their subscription (from Trial to either paid subscription level or from an Individual to a Professional subscription), they can click the “Refresh” button (two arrows that form a circle) on the About window next to the “Current Plan” text so Valet recognizes they have made a change to their subscription without having to close and re-open Valet.
- If a user tries to upload files to FOREVER with their existing folder structure - and that structure has more than 14 sub-folders (which would require a total of more than 15 levels of Albums in FOREVER), they will see a message that we are unable to maintain a structure that deep. They can click “Proceed” to upload the main folder and the first 14 sub-folders or “Cancel” to return to the Upload window and make changes.
- Fix for a bug related to the “Date Taken” field in FOREVER. If the “Date Taken” was updated in the FOREVER Account, and the file was then downloaded via Valet with “Metadata added in FOREVER,” the prior version of Valet was not displaying this information correctly in File Explorer or Finder after a file was downloaded.
- Increased opacity of main screen when the Upload, Download, or Activity window is open.
- Only displaying “completed” upload/download message if the Activity window is closed.
We released an update to Valet on April 27, 2023 with the following features/changes:
(Version number 22.214.171.124)
- The ability to select multiple files and/or folders for a single upload.
- Improved connection with your core FOREVER Account.
- The ability to view the details around upload and download activity - specifically which files were not successful and why.
- Improved experience around installing updates as they are available.
- Ability to download individual files from the Lightbox view.
- Color-coded storage bar for a quick visual around the amount of storage space clients have remaining. (The storage used bar changes to orange when it is 80% full and to red when it is 95% full.)
- The ability to download and install the Trial version without having to put the Trial into the cart and “purchase” it.
Here is a detailed list of features released in the Early Access version of Valet on April 14, 2023:
(Version number 126.96.36.199)
- 30-day free trial subscription
- Two paid subscription levels to meet your needs -
- Individual ($59.99 / year)
- Professional ($299.99 / year)
- Easy upgrade path from an Individual subscription to a Professional subscription.
- Complete access to your FOREVER Account from Valet, with many of the filters and options that you currently have in your Library, Albums, and Tags.
- The ability to upload files from your computer or External Hard Drive (EHD) to your FOREVER Storage Account, while maintaining your original file structure.
- The ability to keep your FOREVER organization when downloading files from your FOREVER Storage Account to your computer or EHD.
- The ability to create (or add files to) year and month Albums when uploading to your FOREVER Storage Account.
- The ability to create (or add files to) year and month folders when downloading from your FOREVER Storage Account.
- The ability to manage (upload to or download from ) multiple FOREVER Accounts (Professional subscription only)
- The ability to pause an upload or download and resume it at a later day/time.
- The ability to cancel an upload or download.
- Valet will automatically pause your current upload or download (if one is in-progress) when you close the software; it will automatically resume your upload or download when you re-open the software.
- Valet will link to your FOREVER Account if you need to purchase additional storage to accommodate more files.
- The ability to install Valet on multiple computers.
- Access to the Help Center via Valet.