What is FOREVER Design & Print?
FOREVER Design & Print is an online design and print application that makes it simpler, faster, and easier than ever to create beautiful Seamless Layflat Photo Books and other custom products. This unique approach is perfect for users who don’t have time to design their projects from scratch but still want to celebrate their memories…and look like a pro! Any projects that you create in FOREVER Design & Print will be saved as Print Projects in your FOREVER Account and can easily be shared with your friends and family via FOREVER or through social media. For a list of FOREVER Design & Print tutorials, click here!
FOREVER Design & Print Seamless Layflat Photo Book FAQs
1. QUESTION Does FOREVER Design & Print work on both MAC and PC?
ANSWER Yes. A beautiful Seamless Layflat Photo Book can be created on a MAC, PC, or other mobile device where you can access the internet. FOREVER Design & Print does not require any special desktop software.
2. QUESTION How do I start creating my Seamless Layflat Photo Book?
ANSWER From the FOREVER home page, simply click “Design & Print” from the top menu. Then, click “Photo Books” and select “Design & Print.” Next, click “Seamless Layflat Photo Books” and “Browse Design” to select the design that best fits your needs. Click the design that’s right for you and click “Start Book.”
3. QUESTION Where do I select the size and cover option I want for my book?
ANSWER At the current time, Seamless Layflat Photo Books are only available in 12" x 12" Hardbound.
4. QUESTION Is a Design & Print Seamless Layflat Photo Book different from a Standard Design & Print Photo Book?
ANSWER Yes! Design & Print Standard Photo Books and Seamless Layflat Photo Books are similar but have important differences. Although both the Standard and Seamless Layflat Photo Books provide the same easy-to-use functionality, Seamless Layflat Photo Book offers a premium, unique design and print experience. While our Standard Photo Book is available in 3 sizes (in both Hardbound and Softbound) and features 2 individual pages side by side bound in the center of the book, our Seamless Layflat Photo Book is available only in a 12" x 12" Hardbound and features one uninterrupted spread across the book’s center with no visible binding at each turn of the page.
Plus, with our premium FOREVER Seamless Layflat Photo Books, each keepsake book is printed on deluxe, double thick, 225gsm lustre finished paper. This ensures that the print quality is always outstanding and perfect to use for special occasions such as a wedding, new baby, memorable vacation, vintage family history, or family yearbook.
5. QUESTION Can I change a Standard Photo Book that I have already started or ordered to the new Seamless Layflat format or vice versa?
ANSWER Because our Seamless Layflat Photo Book is a completely new and distinct product, you cannot convert existing Standard Photo Books to Seamless Layflat Photo Books. Seamless Layflat Photo Books use one beautiful seamless spread across the center of your book, whereas a Standard Photo Book uses two individual pages bound in the center or gutter of the book. If you’d like to change from a Standard Photo Book to the new Seamless Layflat Photo Book, simply start a new project and select from the various themes available in the Seamless Layflat option.
6. QUESTION How do I add photos to my book?
ANSWER To add photos to your book, simply select the large “+” button in each photo box on the project page. This will open a new window asking you to either upload photos directly from your computer or add them from your Library, Albums, or Tags view. You can learn more at https://forever1.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002070052-Howto-Add-Photos-to-your-FOREVER-Print-Project
7. QUESTION How do I change the spread design while I am working in my Seamless Layflat Photo Book?
ANSWER When working in your project, at the bottom of each page you will see a small blue button that says “Change Design.” If you click this, you can choose different page layouts for the page you are working on. However, you are unable to change the actual background color and overall design of your spreads. Learn more at - https://forever1.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002032212-How-to-Change-the-Page-Design-UsingForever-Print
8. QUESTION Can I remove or delete photos from a spread?
ANSWER You can remove a photo from a photo box; however, you can’t remove the photo box from the spread. If a photo box is left empty, it will print as a gray block.
9. QUESTION Can I rearrange the order of the spreads in my Seamless Layflat Photo Book?
ANSWER Yes. At the top of the project screen, there is an option to rearrange spreads. For a step-by-step guide, click here.
10. QUESTION Do I need to add text to all of the text boxes?
ANSWER No. Text boxes left empty will not be printed.
11. QUESTION Can I change the font, size, color, or text alignment within the theme I have chosen?
ANSWER At the current time, you cannot change the font, size, or color. Our team of designers has pre-selected a font for optimum readability at the various book sizes. To get an accurate view of the font size when printed, adjust your screen to 100% project viewing size as the fonts usually appear smaller on your screen than when printed.
You do, however, have a choice of font alignment. Although the designers have chosen a suggested text position to best suit the design, you may choose to horizontally align your text to left, right, or center as well as vertically align your text to top, bottom, or middle to better fit your needs. To select your desired alignment, click on your text box to edit, choose your horizontal and vertical positioning, enter your text, and Save Changes. Any text areas left empty will not be printed. Note: Bottom and middle alignments will not preview in the pop-up box, but will save correctly in the book preview.
12. QUESTION Can I print on the spine of my FOREVER Design & Print Seamless Layflat Photo Book?
ANSWER Yes! Simply click on the text box located in the center of your cover design, type in the desired name of your book, and Save Changes. If you leave the text box empty, nothing will be printed.
13. QUESTION If I previously started or ordered a FOREVER Design & Print Seamless Layflat Photo Book, can I go back and add text on the spine and print a new copy?
ANSWER Yes. You can add text to the spine of most* previously started or printed Seamless Layflat Photo Books. To add text on spine to a previously started book that has not yet been printed, simply “Edit” your existing project. To add text to the spine of a previously printed book, simply “Edit” the printed book from your Print Projects to create a new copy. Then, Edit Copy to add text to spine and print.
14. QUESTION What is the minimum and maximum number of pages or spreads that I can have in my Seamless Layflat Photo Book?
ANSWER A minimum of 22 pages or 11 spreads is required in order to print a photo book; however, you can add up to a total of 98 pages or 49 total spreads.
15. QUESTION Can I add a single page to my Seamless Layflat Photo Book, or do I have to add a full spread (2 pages)?
ANSWER Since all of our pages are designed as 2-page spreads, you must add a full spread (2 pages) at a time. Adding 1 spread is the equivalent of adding 2 pages – one left and one right-hand page.
16. QUESTION Since the design starts on a left-hand page and ends on a right-hand page, will those pages be directly attached to the front and back covers?
ANSWER Each Seamless Layflat Photo Book will begin and end with a blank white spread that acts as a beginning or end sheet for the premium look and feel that you would expect from this timeless product.
17. QUESTION Can I edit or make a copy of my FOREVER Design & Print Project?
ANSWER Yes! If you want multiple copies of the exact same Seamless Layflat Photo Book or of the same Seamless Layflat Photo Book with a different cover or title, you can create a copy of your FOREVER Design & Print Project or edit a book you’ve already ordered. This way, you don’t have to recreate the entire book every time!
On your Print Projects page, simply select “Edit” to continue working on projects that you have already printed or select “copy” to duplicate the book you are currently working on. Learn more at https://support.forever.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003343772-Can-I-edit-or-make-a-copy-of-my-FOREVER-Print-Project-
18. QUESTION How do I find my FOREVER Design & Print Projects?
ANSWER Once you are logged into your FOREVER Account, select Print Projects from the top of the page. From here, you can find your project and edit. Or you can find your most recent 5 Print Projects on your Home Page directly under your name on the right.
19. QUESTION How do I use Public photos or photos owned by my Connections in a FOREVER Print Project?
ANSWER To use Public photos or photos owned by your Connections in a FOREVER Design & Print Project, you must first copy them to your own FOREVER Account.
To copy photos, simply follow these steps:
1. Sign in to your FOREVER Account and navigate to your Connections page.
2. Click on the account you wish to copy photos from, then open the album that contains those photos.
3. Highlight the photos you wish to copy by selecting the check mark in the top right of each photo. Then, click “Copy to My Library” at the top of the screen.
To copy Public photos, simply follow these steps:
1. Sign in to your FOREVER Account, navigate to the home page, and type the name of the person or organization you wish to copy public photos from into the search bar.
2. Click on the appropriate account from the search results, then open the album with the photos.
3. Highlight the photos you wish to copy by selecting the check mark in the top right of each photo and then click “Copy to My Library” at the top.
20.QUESTION What happens if I delete content that is included in one of my FOREVER Design & Print projects?
ANSWER If you delete content that is included in a FOREVER Design & Print project that has already been ordered, that project will not be affected. If you delete content that is included in a FOREVER Design & Print project that is still in progress (including “Edit as Copy”), those files will be removed from the project and replaced with an empty photo holder. That project will then be invalid until you replace the deleted content with valid content. If you delete content that is included in a FOREVER Design & Print project that is in your cart, the project will be removed from your cart and marked as invalid until you
replace the deleted content with valid content.
21. QUESTION Can I re-order a project that I have since deleted?
ANSWER Yes. If you deleted a project but wish to re-order it with no changes, you can re-order it through your Order History. This is true even if the project has been permanently deleted!
22. QUESTION Is FOREVER Design & Print an online version of FOREVER Artisan®?
ANSWER No. FOREVER Design & Print is not FOREVER Artisan for the web, but rather an exciting online application that helps users who want to quickly and easily create a full range of quality, professionally designed Seamless Layflat Photo Books that highlight their personal photos.
23. QUESTION What makes the FOREVER Design & Print Shop unique?
ANSWER The FOREVER Design & Print Shop provides high quality, Forest Stewardship Council approved, buffered, acid-free and lignin-free archival paper. It also uses revolutionary ink rated by Wilhelm Imaging Research to last over 200 years, innovative binding technology that produces incredible strength and stability, and meets the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) requirements on permanence. The FOREVER Design & Print Shop boasts exceptional customer care that goes above and
beyond to provide an incredible service experience and makes sure that you are 100% satisfied.