1. QUESTION What is FOREVER AutoBook?
ANSWER FOREVER AutoBook is a brand new product from FOREVER that allows you to combine the power of your FOREVER account with FOREVER’s exceptional print quality to automagically create stunning photo books in just a few clicks.
2. QUESTION Does AutoBook work on both MAC & PC?
ANSWER Yes. A beautiful photo book can be created on a MAC, PC, or any mobile device from which you can access the internet. AutoBook does not require any special desktop software.
3. QUESTION Is AutoBook a new FOREVER Design & Print Template?
ANSWER No, AutoBook is a brand new, unique product experience within FOREVER!
4. QUESTION Is FOREVER AutoBook different from FOREVER Seamless AutoBook?
ANSWER Yes! AutoBook and Seamless AutoBook are similar but have important differences. Although both AutoBook and Seamless AutoBook use the same automagical functionality to create stunning photo books in just a few clicks, Seamless AutoBook offers a premium, unique design and print experience. While our standard AutoBook is available in 4 hardbound sizes (8" x 8", 10" x 10", 11" x 8.5", 12" x 12") and 3 softbound sizes (8" x 8", 10" x 10", 12" x 12") and features 2 individual pages side by side bound in the center of the book, our Seamless AutoBook is available in 3 hardbound sizes (8" x 8", 10" x 10", 12" x 12") and features one uninterrupted spread across the book’s center with no visible binding at each turn of the page. For additional information on FOREVER Seamless AutoBook, please refer to the FOREVER Seamless AutoBook FAQ.
5. QUESTION How do I start creating my AutoBook?
ANSWER You can start your book from anywhere in your FOREVER account! Simply select photos from your Albums, Tags, or Library, and click on the “Order Photo Prints or Books” button. Or, start a book by selecting Design & Print on the top navigation bar, clicking on Photo Books, then choosing “AUTOBOOK”.
6. QUESTION Can I print entire Albums or Tags within my FOREVER account with AutoBook?
ANSWER Yes! If you want to print an entire Album or Tag (up to a maximum of 892 photos), navigate to your Album and select the “Order Photo Prints or Books” button in the top right corner. Next, either select the entire Album or choose only your favorites, then finish by choosing your preferred cover and binding options. FOREVER will complete your project by automagically populating your photo book.
7. QUESTION How do I select all photos if I start from the AutoBook landing page?
ANSWER When working from a desktop or laptop computer, simply hold down the “Shift” key and select the first photo and then the last photo you’d like to add. Everything in between will be selected.
8. QUESTION What happens if I try to select more than the maximum number of photos or try to Select All from an Album with more than 892 photos?
ANSWER If manually selecting your photos, you will receive an error asking you to choose a smaller selection size. If trying to “Select All” from an Album, the system will select the first 892 photos for you.
9. QUESTION In what order will my photos appear in my automagically created photo book?
ANSWER If you choose to manually select your individual photos, the photos in your book will appear in the order that you selected them. If you select all the photos in an Album or Tag, your photos will appear in the book in the exact way you have them organized or curated within your Album or Tag.
10. QUESTION Where do I select the size and binding option I want for my book?
ANSWER AutoBook allows you to pick your photo book size and cover type at the start of your project. After choosing your photos, you will see a message prompting you to select your size and binding options. Alternatively, if you prefer to start your project by choosing the size and binding first, you can also select these options directly from the AutoBook landing page found under the Photo Books section of Design & Print.
11. QUESTION Can I change the size and binding (Hardbound or Softbound) options for books I have already started?
ANSWER Yes! To change the size or binding option for a book you’ve already started, simply click “Change” next to the existing book size and binding option in the upper left of the screen where you’re creating your book. Then, choose your new size and/or binding and either “Resize as Copy,” to create a copy of your book in the new size while also keeping the original, or “Resize Book,” to update the book you’re currently working on. When you resize your book, we recommend that you double-check the photo placement and text alignment for each page to ensure that they are still laid out the way you intended.
12. QUESTION Can I change the size and binding (Hardbound or Softbound) options for books I have already ordered?
ANSWER Absolutely! If you’d like to print the same AutoBook you’ve already ordered in a new size or with a new binding, simply find that AutoBook in your “Print Projects” tab and click the Edit icon (pencil) underneath the thumbnail of your book, then choose the “Proceed to Edit Copy” button to continue. A new copy of that AutoBook will be generated, and you can update the size and binding following the steps in question 10. (You can also update the color, text, order of photos, and more!) For more help finding your AutoBook projects, see Question 24.
3. QUESTION Can I change an AutoBook with Standard or Hinged Layflat Binding that I have already started or ordered to the new Seamless AutoBook format?
ANSWER Because Seamless AutoBook is a completely new and distinct product, you cannot convert existing Standard or Hinged Layflat Binding AutoBooks to Seamless AutoBook. Seamless AutoBook uses one beautiful seamless spread across the center of your book, whereas AutoBook uses two individual pages bound in the center or gutter of the book. If you’d like to change from a Standard or Hinged Layflat AutoBook to the new Seamless AutoBook, simply start a new project and select Seamless AutoBook to begin the automagical experience again with your new project. Luckily, building any type of AutoBook is quick and easy!
14. QUESTION If I share an AutoBook that I made with someone else, can they resize the book once it’s in their account?
ANSWER Unfortunately, a shared print project cannot be edited. The correct size and binding must be chosen by the original creator prior to sharing.
15. QUESTION Can I change the background color of the pages in my photo book?
ANSWER Yes. AutoBook allows you to choose from different backgrounds for each page or apply the background of your choice to the whole book at once. Simply select the white circle icon below each page to “Change Background”. Choose between a multitude of colors and patterns.
16. QUESTION How do I add photos or a new photo page to my AutoBook?
ANSWER AutoBook starts from your photos and then creates your book. If you’d like to add photos to a page once your book is already started, select the blue “Plus” icon on the bottom of each project page, next to “Change Design.” This will open a window where you can select your photos. If you have fewer than the maximum of 99 pages, you can add additional pages by selecting the “Add Photo Pages” icon at the top of the screen or add it from the end of your layout.
17. QUESTION How many photos can I add to a page?
ANSWER You can add up to nine (9) photos per page. If you have 9 photos on every page and a different photo for the cover, you will have a total of 892 photos in your AutoBook.
18. QUESTION Is there a minimum number of pages needed in order to create a book?
ANSWER As with all our photo book products, a minimum of 21 pages is needed. Don’t have 21 photos to use? No problem. You can simply add a text page or two. Remember, all empty text boxes will not be printed.
19. QUESTION Can I change the page design while I am working on my photo book?
ANSWER Yes! AutoBook allows you to change how your photos are displayed on the page and add up to 4 photos to each page. Below each page, you’ll find a “Change Design” button and an “Add Photos” icon. Once you have the number of photos you would like on the page (up to 9), it’s easy to toggle between the designs to change the look of your photos on the page.
20. QUESTION Can I remove or delete photos from a page?
ANSWER Absolutely. You can remove a photo from a page by selecting the photo and clicking “Remove” from the options presented. You can also delete the entire page by selecting the “x” in the top corner. Note: If it is a 1-photo page, you cannot remove the photo box from the page. If a photo box is left empty, it will print as a gray box. If you only have 21 pages in your AutoBook, you will not be able to delete a page.
21. QUESTION Can I rearrange the order or combine the pages in my photo book?
ANSWER Yes! At the top of the project screen, there is an option to “Edit Layout.” Here you can also combine photo pages (up to 4 photos) using the “Merge” function. If later you decide that you would like those photos on separate pages, you can select the “Split” function and they will be redistributed to single pages.
22. QUESTION Do I need to add text to all the text boxes?
ANSWER Not at all! You can write in as many or as few as you want. Text boxes left empty will not be printed.
23. QUESTION Can I change the text size, color, font, or alignment within my photo book?
ANSWER Our team of designers has pre-selected a font for optimum readability at the various book sizes – there’s no need to change it! To get an accurate view of the font size when printed, adjust your screen to 100% project viewing size as the font usually appears smaller on your screen than when printed. You do, however, have a choice of text alignment. Although the designers have chosen a suggested text position to best suit the design, you may choose to align your text to the left, right, or center.
24. QUESTION Can I print on the spine of my AutoBook?
ANSWER Yes! Simply click on the text box located in the center of your cover design, type in the desired name of your book, and “Save Changes.” If you leave the text box empty, nothing will be printed. Note: Printing on the spine is only available on Hardbound photo books. If you change the binding option of an existing Hardbound book with text on the spine to Softbound, the text on the spine will automatically be removed.
25. QUESTION Can I edit or make a copy of my AutoBook?
ANSWER Yes! If you want multiple copies of the exact same AutoBook or want to update one you’ve already created, simply make a copy of your AutoBook project or edit a book you’ve already ordered. This way, you don’t have to recreate the entire book every time! On your Print Projects page, simply click on the Edit icon (pencil) to continue working on projects that you have already printed, or select the Copy icon (two papers) to duplicate the book you are currently working on.
26. QUESTION How do I find my AutoBook projects?
ANSWER Once you are logged into your FOREVER Account, select Print Projects from the top of the page. From here, you can find your project and edit or make a copy. Or you can find the most recent 5 Print Projects on your Home Page directly under your name on the right.
27. QUESTION How do I use photos owned by my Connections in an AutoBook Project?
ANSWER To use photos owned by my Connections in an AutoBook Project, you must first copy them to your own FOREVER Account. To copy photos, simply follow these steps:
- Sign in to your FOREVER Account and navigate to your Connections page.
- Click on the account you wish to copy photos from, then open the Album that contains those photos.
- Highlight the photos you wish to copy by selecting the checkmark in the top right of each photo. Then, click “Copy to My Library” at the top of the screen.
28. QUESTION What happens if I delete content from my FOREVER Account that is included in one of my AutoBook projects?
ANSWER If you delete content from your FOREVER Account that is included in an AutoBook project that has already been ordered, that project will not be affected. If you delete content that is included in an AutoBook project that is still in progress (including “Edit as Copy”), those files will be removed from the project and replaced with an empty photo holder. That project will then be invalid until you replace the deleted content with valid content. If you delete content that is included in an AutoBook project that is in your cart, the project will be removed from your cart and marked as invalid until you replace the deleted content with valid content.
29. QUESTION Can I re-order a project that I have since deleted?
ANSWER Yes. If you deleted a project but wish to re-order it with no changes, you can re-order it through your Order History. This is true even if the project has been permanently deleted!
30. QUESTION What makes the FOREVER Print Shop unique?
ANSWER The FOREVER Print Shop provides high-quality, Forest Stewardship Council approved, buffered, acid-free, and lignin-free archival paper. It also uses revolutionary ink rated by Wilhelm Imaging Research to last over 200 years, innovative binding technology that produces incredible strength and stability and meets the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) requirements on permanence. The FOREVER Print Shop boasts exceptional customer care that goes above and beyond to provide an incredible service experience and makes sure that you are 100% satisfied.
31. QUESTION I created a book before the update and there are only 4 photos per page. Do I have to recreate my book?
ANSWER No! While you will not be able to edit the current book to add up to 9 photos per page, you can change the size or cover type, and then change it back to add more photos per page. The book will persist with 4 photos per page but will allow you to add up to 9.